Saturday, June 5, 2010

To My Mom


My mom, Mary Carpenter, was diagnosed with Breast Cancer in May of 2010. She is currently battling her cancer with chemotherapy and will have surgery in the fall. I am so proud to be my mother's daughter, and so this blog is for her:

Mom, because I can not be there with you through this process, I am going to take you with me! I will document all of my adventures this summer and fall so that whenever you're having the worst of days, you can escape with me to New Orleans, Oxford, Paris, and more. One day, you will visit these places in person, I hope you are looking forward to that as much as I am! Love you more than anything in the world...

"And when you’re in a Slump, you’re not in for much fun.
Un-slumping yourself is not easily done.
...
Somehow you’ll escape all that waiting and staying.
You’ll find the bright places where Boom Bands are playing.
With banner flip-flapping, once more you’ll ride high!
Ready for anything under the sky...
Oh! The places you'll go!"

-Dr. Suess, Oh! The Places You'll go!

No comments:

Post a Comment